Sunday, my little family and I went to see “The Princess and the Frog”. It was AMAZING! Even that is an understatement. Aside from the kids having to use the bathroom at the climax of the movie, they enjoyed it, nevertheless! Even Imari, my son, was clapping his hands and danced to the songs. Speaking of which, the music was simply amazing!

Princess-And-The-Frog

The movie made me laugh, almost cry, and had me on edge. I LOVED it! Not to mention, Prince Naveen is gorgeous!! I mean, I was completely taken by this guy’s beauty. Tiana was a beautiful princess as well.

PrinceNaveen

The movie really captured the culture of New Orleans with the well drawn setting, the singing, and .. well, EVERYTHING! This is THE BEST animated Disney movie ever created. I think I’m going to see it again!

A Week of Celebrations

1. Samara

December 15, 2009 at 9:01 pm

I want to see this movie too, but unfortunately I don’t have any daughters to see it with lol. I guess I’ll be going alone because I really want to see it. The first black princess by Disney, Times are changing!
    .-= Samara – What’s Wrong With This Picture? =-.

2. Dominique

December 16, 2009 at 6:08 pm

This movie was better than Precious, to me. At first I didn’t want to see it, but it was $5 dollar movie night. My favorite character is Ray the little Firefly, he was hilarious!

3. Bella Rose

December 16, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Yah, I heard that movie was really good and Disney does have some amazing animations…one of a kind and one thing bout their animated movies or even cartoons alone – they try to stay as true and as realistic as possible…that is what I love bout Disney productions…I wanna check this movie out but I will wait till is on Television…since I got no kids…but looks interesting…

And yes I must say, don’t the male characters of the animations always look so dashinly handsome??? :D
    .-= Bella Rose – “I ‘HAD’ Something Good…” =-.

4. Simone

December 16, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I was suppose to see that movie on my birthday last Friday but the plans fell through. At first I didn’t want to see it but now I really do so hopefully this week?

Thank you so much for your comment. It was by far the best advice I got on the whole situation. I should be true to myself and he was doing nothing but keeping me from that so I had to let him go (:

5. Stephanie

December 16, 2009 at 10:38 pm

The little angels are beautiful. <3

I've heard that was a very good movie. It's great to see that disney is incorporating more of the African American race into it's animated movies. The first black Disney Princess. This is freaking great. Lol. My sister gave my nieces a Princess and the Frog sleepover. My sister was omg, why don't you come? I was like, No. I know, I'm the fun auntie but I don't really like sleepovers. Haha.
    .-= Stephanie – Best of 2009 =-.

6. Shannon

December 17, 2009 at 9:31 am

I think that I may take my son and my niece to see that. It would really be a nice time out.
    .-= Shannon – The Way Of The World =-.

7. Raely B.

December 17, 2009 at 11:57 am

I think you can still take your boys to see the movie. Prince Naveen has a significant role in the movie as well.

8. Raely B.

December 17, 2009 at 11:59 am

Yes, Ray was hilarious! The whole movie theater laughed when he asked them if they were from Shreveport. It’s a LA thing..lol

I also agree with you about this movie being better than Precious. As a matter of fact, they aren’t even on the same rating system. Even considering how the movies are totally different in regards to their subjects, The Princess and the Frog is the better choice!

9. Raely B.

December 17, 2009 at 12:00 pm

LOL..Rosie, you can still go to the theater without kids! Allow your inner kid to watch it! LOL.

10. Raely B.

December 17, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Yes. You should definitely see this movie.

I wish you the best with your situation. You’ll be fine! O:-)

11. Shelly

December 18, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Aww, I was actually pretty sad that we disected this movie in my film class before it actually came out in the theaters. =[ I think if I were to watch it now, I would only be able to notice the different stereotypes and the “racist undertones” of the movie. *sigh* I mean, technically ever Disney movie has some aspect of stereotyping in it, but honestly – who goes into a Disney movie thinking about this kind of stuff right? I do want to watch the movie though, and I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’m really psyched to see another true Disney movie come out – I mean, I LOVE Pixar and all, but I’m in dire need of my sing-a-long Disney movie princess fix. =P

P.S. – I’m having a lot of trouble posting my comment, I apologize if this is like the third time my comment shows up because its telling me my comment isn’t submitting each time.

12. Alayna

December 18, 2009 at 10:43 pm

i heard that movie was really good. my mom took my little sister to see it ; i was supposed to but i was sick . :-(
    people always have something to hate on though, my mom was saying how people were complaining because it wasn’t a black prince and all this ridiculousness . SMH .
    i have to see it though because my mom & sister told me Princess Tiana’s bestfriend was just like me . or something , i`m curious now . LOL

and your kids are so cute ! awwwww ; i`m glad they liked the movie .
    <333
    .-= Alayna – Is This Wrong? Because It Feels Awkward As Hell… =-.

13. ash

December 19, 2009 at 6:54 am

OMG I really wanna see that movie. I’m gonna see if my cousin wants to see it with me. I wanna take my daughter but she’s not ready for theatres yet. IDK! I don’t even wanna try if it’s not without her father there. But anyways, I’m glad ya’lls enjoyed yourself. That’s always the best part. I really wanna see that movie.

14. Dominique

December 19, 2009 at 1:26 pm

I know about Shreveport, I think I was the only one who laughed when he asked that lol

15. Christina

December 19, 2009 at 1:58 pm

My daughter is dying to go see this movie so hopefully we will be able to on her vacation from school. I was really surprised since she isn’t really into Disney or princesses anymore lol
    .-= Christina – Slacker! =-.

16. Kiara

December 20, 2009 at 10:08 am

I’ve been wanting to see that movie.
    It looks and sounds (according to you) good! Hopefully I’ll see it before Christmas.