DSC00505

↑ Above was Imari dressed today for picture day. I swear, he’d eat an entire box of dry cereal.

So, the purpose of this entrie’s title: I want to change the focus of my blog. It’ll still be my personal blog where I can rant and rave about any subject, but I want to get into the idea of sharing more through photography. I have this expensive Mavica camera that has been collecting dust and it’s time to put it to use. I think the reason I don’t use this camera so much is because it’s so big and bulky. I have yet to find my Casio Elixm digtal cam and I’m convinced that I never will and I’ll end up buying another. I’ve been wanting a Nikon since forever.

More?

5 Must-Dos + Must-Haves When Traveling with Kids

Short Stay in The Bay

1. Dominique

May 4, 2010 at 1:23 am

He is too adorable for words. I don’t blame him for eating dry cereal, it taste better, especially Fruit Loops!!! I have been on a Fruit Loop splurge these past couple of weeks.

Photography seems like an ideal concept for wanting to do something different for your blog. Many occasions I’ve been trying to recreate (think) of ways to make my blog more distinctive. I even thought about video blogging, but that went out the window. I can never bring myself to do it for some reason.

I definitely agree, considering that you’re doing so much already, taking your time with school would be the least you can do for yourself. It’s already stressful enough. Aaaand you just killed my buzz by mentioning rent, ughhhh lol :-D

1. Carla

May 4, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Sorry I killed your buzz. LMAO!

2. Nellie

May 4, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Aw he is so adorable and I am starting to think all kids love dry cereal lol.

That’s a great idea for your blog, we’ll be able to see a different side of yourself through photography

You will get that vacation soon or what I like to call R&R :)

Yikes! speaking of rent I need to start planning on moving somewhere more “budget friendly” lol

3. Trina

May 5, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Yeah, working with kids can be tough, but at the same time, very rewarding especially when they get to know you. I visited a few days ago and read your other blog post, but the comment’s weren’t working for some reason. You have a beautiful place and your son is adorable! Both of your kids are. I would like to put more pictures on my blog too. I keep saying I am. I don’t really like to post pictures of myself for privacy reasons. I have offline stalkers. I really need a new digital camera though.

What ever you decide to do this summer as far as school goes MAKE SURE you take some time to yourself and your children. I will be taking summer classes for 6 weeks out my summer but I get of May and August. You are doing your thing girl. Keep right on!

4. lindsie

May 5, 2010 at 10:39 pm

What a cutie!

— I have a Nikon D70 that i’ve been wanting to use. And no, thers no way I bought that brand new. My brother was so kind and gave it to me! It’s so huge and heavy so I haven’t used it yet .. maybe i’ll snap a few pictures soon.

5. Shola

May 6, 2010 at 4:42 pm

haha, my nan use to say “relax” is not in black people’s vocabulary.

Blog Post’s are better with pictures, as it tells more of a story.. y’know?
    Don’t be wanting a Nickon. A poor artist blame’s his tools. You camera seems to be working perfect, unless you are actually doing ohotography as a course your one looks like it’ll suffice. :)

You do sound slike me as well. I am doing made overtime trying to save up for university. D: Ah well.

1. Raely B.

May 6, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Now that I think about it, my Mavica does exactly what I need it to do but it doesn’t accept memory cards. Instead, I have to buy CD-RWs, the minature ones, format them, etc. etc. It’s a bit of a hassle. It gets the job done but it’s also very bulky and big. I’d just rather a small one like the one that I misplaced.