I’m starting summer school June 3.

I dreamt last night of my first day of class. I woke up and checked our registration system and I saw ‘Pell Grant – $2675 – Accepted by Student’ under my financial aid information. When I arrived at work, I immediately called my school to see if I had received the grant and he gave me the greatest news I literally dreamt about.

I have received the grant plus I got approved for an educational loan in the amount of $1900+. I’m not sure if I want to accept the loan but I think I just might. There’s a few things that I need and want to do this summer and that money will be very beneficial in attaining such.

I feel so relieved–I feel so relieved that this expense is no longer a burden for me. I can’t even explain how thankful I am that God has given me such favor. He is ALWAYS on time. A-L-W-A-Y-S on time.

I literally sat at my desk and I shed a few tears–tears of happiness, relief, joy, solace..

My grandmother used to sing this song. She had an amazing voice and I’m sure that’s where my sister inherited a quality that I covet. She’d walk all through the house singing:

…yes He will fix it for you..He knows just what to do. Whenever you pray, let Him have His way, and He will fix it for you.

When she sang, I never understood who “He” was. Now, He and I are on a first name basis.

A Week of Celebrations

1. Trecia

May 17, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Congrats, Thats amazing news. God is indeed good. I guess as long as we believe and is willing to put what is beyond our control in his hands… the result is always profound.

2. lindsie

May 18, 2010 at 10:40 pm

omg thats great news .. im sure it has lifted a huge weight off of your shoulder. I was thinking about enrolling into online college in the future but im just so scared. Like im married so I don’t know if i’d qualify for any help/grants/loans .. I don’t want to put us in the hole if we are living comfortably now. BUT I still would like to have something (career, certification) if need be in the future. Its always nice to have something fall back on if something would happen to my husbands job. It stresses me out thinking about it and im not even in college. Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice? Thanks alot and again im so happy to hear the news.

1. Carla

May 18, 2010 at 11:20 pm

The only advice that I have is to go for it! Online classes can be expensive but it is well worth it. If I were you, I’d fill out the FASFA which determines your financial aid and just see how much classes cost. You may also look into community colleges. A lot of people don’t think twice about community colleges because most of them only offer associate degrees. There’s a community college out here in Louisiana that I’d die to attend if they were to ever get a Bachelor’s program for computer science and I find myself cross-registering there all the time. The classes are only $300 for a 3 credit class versus $594 at my university. Also, what a lot of people don’t realize is that some community colleges are designed for those who don’t have a lot of funding or have too much funding in which they can offer classes at a reasonable cost that are transferable to a university. For example, the community college out here has a nursing curriculum that prepares you for a nursing program at a university. It’s almost the same as going to a university that has a nursing program.

To sum everything up, just go for it. With a higher education, you can’t go wrong. Just try with a few classes.
      .-= Carla – Summer School – June 3. =-.

3. Shannon

May 19, 2010 at 11:30 am

Congratulations! I’m very happy to hear that everything worked out for you! I’m considering going back to school next year. In fact, it’s a very strong possibility. I already have my Bachelor’s Degree, which I obtained upon graduating high school (I went to a four year university preparatory magnet school). I started going to a university sometime there after to pursue another BA in Elementary/Special Education but due to a death in the family (my mother), I had to quit for some time. I’m really considering going back though but I’m not really sure what I want to go back for. I may just finish getting my BA in Education, I’m not too sure.
    .-= Shannon – I’ve Got To Get It Right =-.

1. Raely B.

May 19, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Wow! That is WONDERFUL! I WISH he had programs like that out here.

I encourage that you go back as well. It’s always refreshing to hear and see women/mothers/etc. going to school or continuing their education. There’s a shortage of us out here. You seem like a very patient and caring person so the Education field suits you.

What is your first BA in?

1. Shannon

May 19, 2010 at 8:53 pm

My BA is in professional writing.
        .-= Shannon – I’ve Got To Get It Right =-.

4. Samara

May 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I am so glad that God has blessed you. Good Luck in school. It’s great to have that expense out of the way. I plan on going back to school myself as well. Tired of the poverty game. Anyways many blessings to you. I can’t wait to see how well you’ll progress in school.

5. Laura

May 19, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Yes God always come through, if you open yourself enough to believe he will be there for you. That sounds like the best news for you, you never know when you could use that loan money, of course you have to pay it back, but God put it there for you for a reason, Id really think seriously about taking it, especially if it can help you right now.

6. Nellie

May 19, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I am so happy for you, God has truly blessed you. Yes he is always on time :) I know you will make the right decision on if you should take the loan or not. Again congratulations! That is wonderful news….

7. Trina

May 20, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Congrats girl! God always comes through and works everything out. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to attend summer school and I was able to get enough money in loans to attend. I think it’s great what your doing…..working hard, taking care of your kids and going to school. God will continue to bless you girl.

8. Dominique

May 21, 2010 at 12:43 am

Well, isn’t that amazing?! The things we stress over the most seem to have the best outcome. Congratulations!! I don’t blame you for shedding a few tears, it just shows that there’s someone looking out for you. Hey, maybe your grandma sent that dream to you as a notification.

9. Alexa

May 21, 2010 at 7:15 am

*Virtual hug* I am really happy that things are working in your favor girl and congrats on getting the loan for Summer school! And yes, God ALWAYS will work it out for you, you just got to believe and wait. <3
    .-= Alexa – 1st Year of College =-.