UPDATE ▼

This right here definitely puts a damper in my plans, especially the rooftop orgasm.
Toy Story 3, instead?

I strongly believe that the key to remaining sane, collected, and stress-free requires a little relaxation and rest from all that one is used to. It’s hard to remain calm within an environment that tends to create stress for you on a daily basis. Sometimes, you just need to get away from it all.

As of late, my life has been pretty easy going. My friendships and relationships are maintaining their courses and everything is going great. If I were to say that I were stressed about anything right now, I’d definitely be lieing because I’m not. It’s nice to be able to have days that contain no frustration consecutively.

To add on to this overdue sense of bliss and serenity, I plan to spend the weekend in New Orleans. I was surfing the web yesterday and I came across a hotel that was very intriguing. The Renaissance New Orleans Art Hotel is a real sight for sore eyes. I asked several people about this place and they had nothing but nice things to rave about. It’s a hotel with an art gallery displayed as decor. I absolutely love all types of art and I’m sure I can definitely appreciate the atmosphere of this hotel in person if I am captivated by the photos alone. I can tell the atmosphere is that of serenity–and if it’s not, the pool and hot tub on the roof will compensate.

Check out a few of the hotel below ▼

I’ll also make sure that I take plenty of photos. I hope everything goes as planned. I’ve been dieing to get back into a hot tub. My muscles yearn for that special treatment.

A Week of Celebrations

1. Jordan

June 15, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Pamper you’re self! You’re a hard workin’ momma, you deserve it! I hope you have a blast!
    .-= Jordan – Project*I Am: Shoes =-.

2. Dominique

June 16, 2010 at 2:16 am

Oh, I so feel you on this. Just a couple weeks ago I stayed in a nice hotel for 4 days just to relax and it helped so much! I was greeted with chocolate strawberries and champagne at check in and I had a freaking ball! As soon as I stepped foot into my room I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. I did nothing but eat, sleep, shower, and watch tv. This is definitely a great idea! I think people should do this more ofter, even your just going down the street from your house. Being in a different scenery than of your own home is therapeutic. Enjoy every moment of your stay hun!!!

1. Carla

June 16, 2010 at 7:30 am

I totally agree. Even if one were to go right down the street and stay in a room it changes things. I also believe that it is the fact that you’re in a totally different place or element.

Btw, how does champagne taste? Some say it’s good and others say it’s HORRIBLE!
      .-= Carla – The Renaissance =-.

3. Shannon

June 16, 2010 at 8:27 am

I definitely agree that some relaxation time is overdue and I truly hope that you enjoy yourself! The place looks very lovely.
    .-= Shannon – It’s About That Time =-.

4. Shelly

June 16, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Ugh, weather.com is terrible. LOL, I blame them for everything, even if they just predict the weather and not…make it. =P I’m glad that you’re taking some time off for yourself though! The hotel looks amazing and the view is breathtaking! Hope you have an awesome little vacation =]

5. Nellie

June 16, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Well that hotel is beautiful and yes R&R time is overdue and needed, I really hope you enjoy yourself and take plenty of pictures.
    .-= Nellie – Moving never sounded so sweet…. =-.

6. Laura

June 17, 2010 at 7:42 pm

im so jealous that looks like such a nice place to go and relax. i hope you enjoy it, cant wait to see the pics you take.
    .-= Laura – break =-.

7. Risa

June 18, 2010 at 6:58 pm

ooh wow the hotel looks amazing!!I’d love to stay there!

and I completely can relate on those thunderstorms in 90+ degree whether…>,<
    toy story 3 sounds like a good alternative though ;)

8. Mo

June 19, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Hey lady! Congrats on working yourself out of debt. And agreed, God is good. Might not always understand Him, but I don’t think we were made to. Your hotel looks awesome, have a great time on your trip. I wish I could vacation this summer! Be safe.

9. Tai

June 20, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I really love that kind of weather. I love cold, rainy weather. I’m a winter baby. Congrats on the camera. I have mines and hardly use it but using it now. Glad things have eased up for you. I know how things can be a bit of a load.