Yesterday, as planned, I went out to dinner with friends and family. Needless to say, I had a blast. I had washed my hair and tried my luck with flat twists but the results were OK. Washing my hair at home is a battle–a battle in which I always lose.

After failing miserably to tame my mane, I managed to pull it into a pony tail, create an acceptable flat twist, throw on some subtle eye shadow, and proceed with my plans.

*Feeding my Face

It’s always good to be in the company of people who genuinely love you. We shared laughs, smiles, and memories while simultaneously making a few. Just being in the company of my family and friends really makes all that seems so weigh heavy on my heart, easier to bear and deal with. We celebrated and basked in the ambiance of life. So, that gives me an idea.

*My Dinner – Cornish Hen

I didn’t want the night to end but since I had been up since 5AM and went to work from 8AM – 5PM, my body insisted I should get to bed soon. But, as I prepared myself for bed, I thought of ways to reacquire that feeling of joy, happiness, and pure bliss. I’ve concocted a list of places and things to do with my family and friends. I want to be able to remember their laughs, their smiles, their chuckles, and I want to be able to witness their enjoyment through those facial expressions that I know.

*My Budget

To do this, I’ve created a budget. Well, I’ve had this budget since last year and perfected it earlier this month, but I’ve recently factored in these outings that I plan to have with them. And not just for outings, but just so life flows even smoother than now. Looking back, I can honestly say that I’ve come a long way from where I once was and I’m quite proud of my progress. Mentally, Physically, and Financially, I was not as stable as I should have been. While I still have some ways to travel, I’m looking forward to what is to come. And perhaps, you may see a section where I chronicle life’s adventures. Stay tuned!

5 Must-Dos + Must-Haves When Traveling with Kids

1. Keys.

January 23, 2011 at 8:33 pm

i LOVE your hair! and trust me i know the struggle and the length of time it takes to wash hair. Makes me NOT eve wanna do it lol! Oh mannn… That food looks so good! & its true being in the company of loved ones makes every experience that much better. My boyfriend always talks about making a budget and it really does make life run smoother but of course i didn’t make my own LOL.
    23-365- groceries! –My Profile

2. J.Ashley

January 23, 2011 at 11:34 pm

I love her hair!!!!, thanks for commenting on my blog. You have such a lovely website. I an def a follower

InspirationsMy Profile

3. Orlando Soto Jr.

January 24, 2011 at 12:30 am

I LOVE THEM EARINGS! Reminds me of the inside of a clock :) cool. WHY YOU AINT INVITE ME TO DINNER! ggrr looks good.

HAHA when i saw the budjet paper i first thought “damn the food bill was HOW MUCH” lol.

4. prettydarkthing

January 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Nice earrings.

Looks like you had a good weekend with good food!

5. Alexa

January 24, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I love your hair as well and you looked like you had an awesome time! I am still trying to pull up a budget for myself cause in order to do fun stuff with my friends, I need money :-/ I’ll come up with one soon! <3

6. Magda

January 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm

your hair looks great! I feel you though, washing my hair is a pain. My bday is coming up and I’m wondering what I’m going to do with it. Maybe I’ll ask my mom to blow dry it or something hehe. Making a budget is always a good thing;)

7. Kay

January 27, 2011 at 5:34 pm

It is a great feeling to go out and enjoy the company of friends and family. Getting out alone is the best part. It’s the socializing that keeps my sanity. Sometimes you need that. Experience it more. Life have a lot more to offer hun. Embrace it whenever your finances can allow it.

Your hair looks healthy and beautiful!
    Le Sigh!My Profile

8. Shannon

January 29, 2011 at 2:19 am

I’m glad that you’re finding ways to enjoy the company of others. Spending time with family is just as important as anything else if you can find the time.

I love your hair!
    Indecisive…My Profile

9. Mimi

January 31, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I love that you have a budget. I’ve recently created one, but I’m putting it to use only if I move out in March. Otherwise… well, I guess I could still maintain a budget lol.

I LOVE being in the company of those I love… having nothing but good times, sharing laughter and smiles all around… it’s simply beautiful!

Your hair is so beautiful! My hair is not as long as yours, but washing it and having to do it afterwards drives me insane. I don’t have a perm, so I have to section my hair off and detangle it and what have you before blow drying, then flat ironing… such a hassle! If my head wasn’t so huge, I’d rock a low, natural cut.
    Welcome back- world!My Profile

10. lindsie

February 1, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I love the hair twist you did, looks pretty. I also noticed your earrings … very cute!

Your meal looks good … can’t go wrong with chicken and rice .. mmmm!

I’m glad you were able to make some changes in your budget – in a positive way.

11. Nellie

February 1, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Your hair looks very pretty, like the twist in the front looks very elegant.

Family and friends are a beautiful thing and its nice to be around people who truly love you and want the best for you.

From the pictures it looks like you enjoyed yourself, and that picture of your meal looks delicious (yum) lol.

Your budget planning is a great idea, I should be budgeting but I am procrastinator to the fullest lol.

12. Mimi

February 2, 2011 at 12:19 am

You look cute! I so feel you about the hair. I have a ridiculous amount of hair and the thought of doing it myself makes me want to cry. I have perfected the two strand twist and that is what I have been rocking.

Nothing makes life better than having a night out with those that truly get you. Glad you had a great time!

13. blkgrlblogging

February 7, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Carla! I thought you deleted your blog!

It’s good to hear that things are well with you and steadily getting better!

14. che

February 10, 2011 at 5:11 pm

you look so pretty! i love your website, very insightful.