So here we are — at the very end of 2011 — awaiting the arrival of 2012. It’s been an exciting and eventful year in my opinion. I was able to accomplish and experience many things that I can say I’m very proud of.
– I saw my first Cirque du Soleil show, Alegria. Saying that it was and amazing show is an understatement, but it was indeed a phenomenal presentation. I loved every minute of it and was even suckered into purchasing a bag, a bag that I’m sure only cost about $.35 to make. But, I was proud to have my little souvenir.
– I went to Global Wildlife – TWICE! The second time was with my daughter and her class, sans my son. Sometimes, you just need to get a little alone time in with one child at a time. I love our Mother-Daughter time just as much as my Mother-Son time as much as our Family time.
– I went to Mississippi with one of my best friends. I always find it fun when he calls and says, “Hey, I’m headed to such-and-such, are you riding?” Louisiana’s weather is crazy and this trip was taken mid February. Yes, in February I was in Biloxi, MS on the beach…having a good time, nevertheless.
– I bought my first car. Yep. At 23 years old, I financed my own car. I’m still in disbelief that this actually happened, but I’m glad that I was able to do such. My first car, Emma, put me through it and I was not about to waste money on another motor. So, I saved – and penny pinched – and went without a lot of things to save for a down payment. And it happened. I love my 2010 Hyundai Sonata aka The Silver Bullet.
– I visited Atlanta for the first time. And well, I fell in love with Downtown Atlanta. Initially, plans of traveling to Atlanta didn’t look so good, but luckily, everything went as planned. I finally got a chance to gas up the “Silver Bullet” and drive across two states. My sister and I had a great time. We got a really good rate on a room for the weekend at the Marriott Marquis and made it to Atlanta in 6-1/2 hours. (Yes, we broke all kinds of traffic laws.) By the time we made it to the hotel, it took us about 8 hours to finally get up and go somewhere. I could have stayed in bed all day.
– The kids, my sister and I drove to Mississippi for a day at the beach. This was the second “spur of the moment” road trip to Mississippi for me. They had a really great time there. We went in early October because it was still very hot.
– I went out and participated in my university’s homecoming festivities with friends. I hadn’t gone out in a while and I needed this. I LOVE the Greek shows and going out to party afterwards was a blast. I dealt with the aftermath of partying all night until 5AM and having to work at 8AM, but I had a great time. I slept from the time I got off on Saturday and didn’t get out the bed Sunday morning. O,O
– I had two amazing school semesters. Dean’s List of of course. :beep beep: I’m working hard to improving my GPA, which will in turn, create more opportunities for me. I’ve applied for acceptance into Southern University’s National Science Institute and I’m waiting to hear from them when the new semester begins January 17.
– I landed my first internship. I should have had an internship during my Sophmore and Junior years, but I have on nonetheless. What does it entail? Well, I’ll discuss that more in detail when I begin on January 17, 2012.
– I loved again. I did something that I thought I couldn’t do. . that I was scared to do. . that I was too angry and hurt to do after the epic fail that was my son’s father and I. But I did it and it was one of the best moments this year.
So, did I accomplish what I said I would accomplish from my first post of January 2011? I think so.
And I loved.