Well, Hello January!

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 | 💬 14 Comments

*turns down Bone Thugs n Harmony – First of the Month

oh. hay!

We’ve made it. We’ve made it to 2013 and personally, I welcomed the new year with opened arms. I am eager to experience new beginnings as well as new endings. I plan to make this year an awesome year in any way possible. I’ve put together a list of things I want to accomplish, witness, achieve.. etc. I got the idea from Kimberly over at Kimberly Luxe to break things down into quarters so I don’t feel overwhelmed. It’s only the third day of the month and I’ve completed most of what I needed/wanted to do in January. No Procrastination 2013 is the campaign. I AM NOT PLAYING.

hj

While I was mapping things out for this month, it occurred to me that my second semester of graduate school begins in two weeks. TWO WEEKS. That means I have to say good-bye to sleeping in and lounging around in tights and t-shirts. It also means that I won’t get as much time as I can to lay around with my babies. This Winter break has been everything I needed and I have been beyond relaxed. I’ll definitely miss being lazy and pigging out, but I am definitely ready to get the second semester started.

I am prepared. I’ve updated the apps on my tablet; downloaded and purchased a few that I feel will be beneficial to me (Hello Evernote); I’ve set up my work area in my lair (read: my bedroom); and I have all of the supplies that I need (read: I bought MORE pens that I didn’t need but so what). This semester I’m going to try and take three classes and see how that works out. I’ve started reviewing information, reading, and making notes for one class that I feel will be the most difficult. I’m sure taking three classes will be challenging, but it’s a challenge that I’m pretty confident about. I am so organized and put together that it’s scary. O.o

I can say that being this organized has made my break the best of all breaks. I’m finishing up the bills by the end of this week, the grocery shopping is done, there is absolutely NO laundry, and my home is clean from top to bottom.

It. Feels. Good.

*turns up First of the Month and bops head to the beat

Previous Post Next Post

Use Wordpress, Facebook, or Google+ to Leave a Comment.

• The Mrs./ The Mom

LOL @ the bone thugs n harmony song! I hear it playing inmy head, lol! I like the idea of breaking goals down into quarters, I’m going to have to reasses my list and see how I can fine tune it to fit that way. Good luck on taking three classes… you can do it!
    The Mrs./ The Mom – WW: 2013 is off to a good start

January 2, 2013 at 9:02 pm Reply
  • Britton

Did I already tell you Happy New Year? If not, Happy New Year! If I did…it doesn’t hurt to say it again! Goooood luck on your upcoming semester. I’m a pen junkie too! LOL!
    Britton – Not-So Wordless Wednesday: Holiday Wrap Up

January 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm Reply
  • Chanel Jibal

Hooray for back to school. Another semester beginning means one step closer to the end!!! Happy New Year.
    Chanel Jibal – 2012: THE YEAR IN REVIEW

January 2, 2013 at 10:56 pm Reply
  • Evani

I love evernote! I have such a problem with procrastinating too. Good luck with your goals!! :)
    Evani – Insert Good Excuse Here

January 3, 2013 at 3:07 pm Reply
  • Confessions Of A City Girl

Oh girl, enjoy these last two weeks of freedom! I hope you enjoyed your holidays as well.

Lol @ First of the month. You better jam!

Also, I recently launched my eyewear line, Enerjiee , I’d appreciate it if you check it out!

~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl
    Confessions Of A City Girl – OOTD: 2013 New Year”s Eve Edition

January 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm Reply
  • Jane

Sounds to me you’re pretty prepared to go back to class, good for you!
    Happy new year!
    Jane – USA haul

January 3, 2013 at 6:40 pm Reply
  • Kiara

Happy New Year! Ah, I felt the same way about going back to school.. Lord knows I love being lazy. Evernote is extremely convenient, I love it!! It’s good that you’re getting things done early and not procrastinating. Good luck with everything!
    Kiara – She Can’t Make Up Her Mind

January 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm Reply
  • Christiana

Sounds like you are very well prepared for school and the new year. Happy New Year dear! Enjoy your last few weeks of down time.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Xx

January 3, 2013 at 8:33 pm Reply
  • TOI

gosh i love reading entry, it reminds me of my graduate days.

happy 2013
    TOI – #ProjectMilf

January 3, 2013 at 10:41 pm Reply
  • Shannon

Happy New Year! You’re lucky to have everything organized. I swear any time I get spare time I just sleep it away and spend some of the time being lazy lol

January 5, 2013 at 10:05 pm Reply
  • Q

I Live in Evernote lol and with grad school it will be a lifesaver. I’m all about being organized too good luck with school :)

January 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm Reply
  • Lashawn

Happy New Year! I am definetly a procrastinator! Maybe I’ll work on that this year!
    Lashawn – New Life

January 7, 2013 at 4:24 am Reply
  • – Getting Organized

[…] and iPhone apps to make sure I have everything I need to be productive this year (Thanks Rae from est1987.net!) I downloaded PhotoMarkr from iTunes, which is a neat little app that allows me to finally add […]

January 8, 2013 at 11:15 am Reply
  • Yetti-Writes

This is another reason why I haven’t gone back to school… Giving up my free time! It’s too hard to part with, but that MBA is calling my name. (sigh) Good luck! and enjoy the little bit of time you have left!
    Yetti-Writes – 25 by 25 – New List, Same Old Scared Yetti