Today is the first day that it has finally been cold enough for me to pull out my coats that I purchased a few months ago. Louisiana’s weather is quite funny. Although it has gotten down to 32 degrees, we’re expecting a high of 75 in the following few days. So since the weather can’t seem to let me live and enjoy these crisp, windy days, I’ll make the most out of the few we do plan to have.

IMAG4889_1
Pants – Thrifted (Cato) | Shoes – Jessica Simpson Calie pumps (here) | Bag – Phillip Lim for Tarjay

So, I’m a Scandal fanatic. Although I loathe Olivia & Fitz as a couple, I absolutely adore her style. She has to be the best dressed fictional character on primetime television. So when I first saw her coat collection, I had to have to have a coat of a similar style. And of course, definitely more affordable.

IMAG4890_2

After bribing my daughter with $5 to be my photographer, I was able to capture these few shots. Looks like I have finally gotten a photographer until I can find a tripod and remote. She’s always finding ways to make a buck. I ain’t mad at her.

A Realistic, Working-Woman Morning Routine

Why AFROTECH Touched Melanated Soul

1. Yetti-Writes

November 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Yaaaaaassssss! Your daughter is a fantastic photographer might we add. I love the outfit of the day. If only NYC wasn’t so dirty. I’d love to rock that coat!
    The Art of Tackling GoalsMy Profile

2. Daenel T @ Living Outside the Stacks

November 13, 2013 at 7:35 pm

*fist bump* to your daughter, she did a good job

Now about that coat: all kinds of yes! I absolutely love it. In fact, your entire outfit is on point.
    Fade to Dark {In the Closet}My Profile

3. Kat

November 13, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I am loving that jacket and it looks great on you! Your daughter earned every bit of the $5 because these are some great shots.

4. april

November 13, 2013 at 11:44 pm

LOL! so cute to have your daughter take your pic. She did a great job! I love the coat!
    Aztec Indian Healing ClayMy Profile

5. Chymere A.

November 13, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Yesss! You look incredible…this is Olivia Pope fab all day!

♥ Chymere A. – http://www.diaspora-chic.blogspot.com

6. gg

November 14, 2013 at 1:52 am

She did a great job! My kids are hit or miss, but it never occurred to me to pay them! I have a feeling that a little monetary motivation would improve their work :)
    LaTisha // Style + Spirit MuseMy Profile

7. Vaneese

November 14, 2013 at 8:52 am

Love it! Your daughter did a great job and that coat…Yes Ma’am!!
    Tough Decisions: Leaving the Certain for the UnknownMy Profile

8. Vett

November 15, 2013 at 10:39 am

you really did channel her and you look so cute!!! hope you’re doing well Carla :)
    Layering up for winterMy Profile

9. Nellie

November 16, 2013 at 11:24 am

I love it, and you TOTALLY channeled Ms. Olivia and did it VERY well!! You might have done it better :) Such great pictures too!
    DVR Overload, Greek Yogurt & Social Media Done Gone Crazy.My Profile

10. Shannon

November 17, 2013 at 6:10 pm

I love it! You totally pulled it off and your daughter takes good pictures.
    My SpiritMy Profile

11. Mo

November 18, 2013 at 8:32 am

ha! Kudos to your daughter. Smart kid!
    xo
    Mo ~ http://www.fab.me

12. Cam Bibs & Baubles

November 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Your daughter is a entreprenuer in the making! LOL!

You look fab! I love the whole look. You are totally channeling Ms Pope. I hope you were doing “the walk” all day too!
    In Good CompanyMy Profile

13. The Indie

November 19, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Loving the OP inspiration! Her style on Scandal is priceless, I literally love everything she wears – so chic, feminine, and powerful – and you are embodying all of that to a T. Love it! I wish I looked that classic during the winter months ;) And I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who hates Olitz.. I just can’t glamorize such blatant adultery and he has just done sooooo much. Can she date a normal guy who is nice to her and isn’t married please? Thank you!
    Dancers Day OutMy Profile

1. Tarsha!

November 24, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Love Love Love that coat! WERK!

14. vanessa

December 5, 2013 at 11:12 am

love this!
    olivia would be proud!
    i’m with you on olivia and fitz – i used to love them as a couple but am over it.
    she has no self-control around that man, it’s so sad to see.
    i’m too excited for tonight’s finally!!!

vanessa

15. Jessica L

December 8, 2013 at 7:48 am

This is a very classy look! I love that coat! I didn’t realize that it could get that cold in Louisiana! -Jess L
    Snaps of life.My Profile

16. Jamie

December 12, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Hey Rae! Remember who I am? I am in awe of your outfit! I just recently purchased a $100 jacket on sale for $19.99 plus tax at J.C. Penny (well originally the price would be at least $76.00 or more on hautelook.com). This was after Black Friday. At first I thought the sign said $29.99 (which it did), but as I went to purchase it – the woman who checked it out stated “$21.59” . Can’t beat that?

So how has life been treating you? I hope all is well? What college did you go to, to get your computer degree? Can you do it online?
    Finders KeepersMy Profile

17. Faith

January 5, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Your daughter is awesome!

And I’m obsessed with Scandal too. She is completely the best dressed actress on television.

Loving your coat. I feel like I need a white/cream coat now.